You might have noticed the message “Windows has blocked some startup programs” when using Windows Vista. This is probably due to modifying startup programs using msconfig. Normally, with other Windows versions, you would modify the msconfig, and after rebooting…a message box would appear on the screen saying something like “You have used System Configuration to make changes to the way Windows starts.” What one would normally do is place a check in the box that says “Don’t show this message or start System Configuration when Windows starts.”
Well with Vista, that message is trying to pop-up but Vista is stopping it and that’s why the you get the Windows has blocked some startup programs to appear.
Here’s what you need to do…if that message is annoying you:
- Click the message when it appears…or click that little icon on the bottom right corner.
- Go to Run blocked program
- Go to System Configuration Utility
- Click Continue if it appears
- Place a check in the Don’t show this message or start System Configuration when Windows starts
- Click Ok..and that’s it!
Now here’s the deal….this last message is basically telling you that someone made a startup changes via msconfig. So anytime you make a change to the startup program in msconfig…this message will appear.