“The custom form cannot be opened. Outlook will use an Outlook form instead. The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator.”
We’ve been messing with custom forms in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Exchange lately. I had one user who tried openning a custom form in Microsoft Outlook 2007 and they received the error message below
The fix for this was actually very simple. Below are the steps that solved our issue.
- Open Outlook 2007
- Click Tools at the top
- Scroll down and click Options
- Click Other tab
- Click Advanced Options button
- Click Custom Forms button
- Click Manage Forms button
- Cick Clear Cache button
- Close out of everything except Outlook and you should be good to go!