Repair, Reinstall, Uninstall IE8! I’ve installed IE8 many times and have only needed to repair it one time..but…I am sure it will not be the last. Here are some possible fixes for repairing a corrupted IE8.
- Open Internet Explorer
- Select Tools and then Internet Options
- Select the Advanced tab and then click Reset
- In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings box, click Reset
- Test out IE8…if that doesn’t work….proceed to fix #2
- Download IE8 and reinstall (Make sure you choose the correct version for your operating system!)
- Test out IE8 and see if it works!
- Now if you don’t care for Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) and would rather go back to your previous version of Internet Explorer….perhaps IE7 or IE6…you just want to uninstall IE8 and Internet Explorer will revert to the previous install version.
- ***Windows XP Users*** Start -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Windows Internet Explorer 8 -> Click Remove
- ***Windows Vista*** Start -> Control Panel -> Programs (or Programs and Features…in Classic View) …->Click View Installed Updates -> Select Windows Internet Explorer 8 -> Uninstall