Some user was complaining to me the other day about not being able to see embedded images in Outlook 2003. I logged onto his screen and noticed a red x where the image should be. I had him forward me one of the emails and I was able to see the image just fine. I honestly didn’t care if he couldn’t see it or not since it wasn’t work-related….but…sometimes I’m a nice guy. I searched the Internet a bit and here’s the solution that worked!
- Exit out of Outlook 2003 on the machine with the issue
- Open the registry (Start->Run->type regedit->click OK)
Navigate and open the following registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Security\OutlookSecureTempFolder
- Within the key…it should say something like %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK3D\
- Highlight and delete %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK3D\
- Close out of the registry and open Outlook 2003!
- Wooohoooo!!! All fixed!