Well I recently purchased a terabyte usb hard drive because I got it nice and cheap! ($200). It’s one of those MyBook drives or whatever. Anyways…I connected it to a server, shared it, and was able to access it from my workstation just fine…until..I rebooted the server. I tried accessing the drive from my workstation after the reboot and received some stupid “Not enough server storage is available to process this command” error. Weird because it was working just fine. After a quick Google search, I found the fix that worked for me.
Basically I had to create a new value in the registry
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
- with the Parameters folder selected, right-click it
- go to New and click DWord Value
- type IRPStackSize exactly as displayed
- change base to Decimal
- I set my value to 30 because the default value of 15 didn’t work for me
- close out of the registry and reboot the server.
- It worked!