So I did something really stupid yesterday. I deleted an AD account, in order to rebuild it, without backing up the exchange mailbox first. I normally don’t do things haphazardly but that’s how it unfolded. But I digress….
The user’s mailbox disappeared and didn’t appear in the disconnected mailbox view. I literally almost sh*t myself but knew Google would help me out. A quick Google search found a fix to my problem!
- Log into your Exchange server
- Open the Exchange PowerShell
- type and run the following command Get-Mailboxdatabase | Clean-MailboxDatabase
- Now view the disconnected mailbox view and your deleted mailbox should be there
- If it’s still not there, you might need to refresh the view
- That’s it!