Ever wonder how to change or modify the Registered Owner in Microsoft Windows XP? If you don’t what I’m talking about…..right-click My Computer and click Properties..on the General tab you will see the Registered Owner. If you would like to change or add a registered owner to that area……it’s very quick and simple!
- Open regedit (Start -> Run -> type regedit in the box and click Ok or Enter)
- Highlight Computer on the left-hand side
- Click Edit up top
- Select Find
- Type RegisteredOwner in the field and click Find Next or hit enter on your keyboard
- Once it finds to key….double-click RegisteredOwner on the right-hand side
- Now you can change the registered owner!……click Ok and that’s it!